Hundreds of thousands of people have asked Amazon.com to join Google, Apple, Facebook and other tech companies to lead the way to building us a green Internet, powered 100% by renewable energy.
We’re excited to say that Amazon’s CEO, Jeff Bezos, seems to be getting the message. Yesterday, Amazon Web Services updated its sustainability web page with a note that the company “has a long-term commitment to achieve 100% renewable energy usage for our global infrastructure footprint.”
- Amazon Web Services commits to 100% renewable energy in potential breakthrough (greenpeaceblogs.org)
- An image you can’t unsee: Amazon’s Jeff Bezos as romance novel heartthrob (geekwire.com)
- Amazon’s dirty energy problem is about to get even worse (salon.com)
- IT’S HERE: IGNITION 2014 Agenda (businessinsider.com)
- Amazon Launches Echo Interactive Speaker (chinatopix.com)
- Chart Of The Day: Jeff Bezos “Value Creation” Edition (stateofglobe.com)