Sources connected to the Williams family reportedly told the website the disease was “the key factor” to Williams hanging himself in his Tiburon home. His wife, Susan Schneider, reportedly told authorities that shortly before his death Williams complained about how his medication made him feel.
According to the New York Daily News, the Lewy body condition often emerges after one is diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease, which Williams also had. Symptoms include delusions of objects, people, or animals, with the patient often trying to converse with them.
- Robin Williams’ Death Is Officially Ruled a Suicide (tvguide.com)
- Robin Williams driven to suicide by Lewy body dementia (mercurynews.com)
- Robin Williams Was Sober When He Died (gawker.com)
- Reportedly Robin Williams Suffered from Hallucinations Prior to Suicide (betawired.com)
- New Clues in Robin Williams’ Final Hour (odetorobin.com)
- Robin Williams’ death ruled suicide by coroner (upi.com)
- Robin Williams Had Lewy Body Dementia, Disease May Have Triggered Suicide (celebuzz.com)
- Robin Williams’ kids inherit $50 million (contactmusic.com)