by Peter Petterson
Hark! I hear the buglers calling the Anzacs back to war. What war you may ask? It is no longer 1915 And who is the enemy?
ISIS they say. Who the hell is ISIS? How is ISIS endangering New Zealand, and Australia for that matter? “Terrorists, terrorists”, claims John key. We are beefing up security and intelligence here in New Zealand. We can snoop and spy on New Zealanders for 24 hours without a warrant now. And we can suspend passports as well.
Hark! I hear the buglers calling the Anzacs back to war. To Iraq – flies, camels and sand. There is no longer any Anzac spirit left, unless it’s out of a bottle. The Australian Government’s attitude towards Kiwis has killed off that. Any Kiwis who have been living in Oz since 2001 won’t get any help from the Aussie state. So could any kiwi soldier depend on an Australian now?
John Key is.sending young Kiwis off to war Preparations have already been made, and our defence force chiefs have been training them for weeks. Kiwi mothers know who to blame if their sons return home in body bags. To hell with Isis, the Americans and John Key.
- ANZAC role for IS fight possible – John Key (radionz.co.nz)
- Anzac force mooted for Iraq deployment (stuff.co.nz)
- Anzac force could form to fight Isis (nzherald.co.nz)
- Anzac force to combat Isis under discussion (nzherald.co.nz)
- New Zealand to team up with Australia, send troops to Iraq, says NZ PM (iraqinews.com)
- Commemorate Anzac Day’s 100th year in Gallipoli (houseoftravel.co.nz)